Accurate, Rugged, Reliable, Automatic Wheel Profile Measurement System
WheelView is an automatic wayside detection system that is designed to measure wheel profiles of a train in motion. Beena Vision’s WheelView is an exceptionally well designed system capable of performing accurately and reliably without human intervention. WheelView deploys a sophisticated high speed, high quality digital imaging and laser illumination system for maximum accuracy and efficiency.
The system is designed and manufactured for the most demanding railroad applications, such as high traffic heavy load freight lines and high speed passenger trains. WheelView can be deployed for derailment prevention, preventative maintenance, maintenance scheduling, and to reduce track damage caused by excessively worn wheels.
- Flange Height
- Flange Width
- Flange Slope
- Tread Hollow
- Rim Thickness
- Full Wheel Profile
- Back-to-Back Measurement
- Angle of Attack (option)
- Wheel Diameter (option)
|A WheelView installed in Lulea, Sweden.
WheelView has been successfully installed in sites with various climatic, environmental, traffic and load conditions. Extreme conditions such as hot dry desert, extremely humid and tropical, and extremely cold and windy areas are examples of current WheelView installation site environments.
Wheel View is designed to operate with little periodic maintenance. Effective self cleaning mechanisms are used to keep the system fully operational for long periods between maintenance. Installation of WheelView is relatively simple and does not require any major track modifications and does not involve extended track down times.
WheelView benefits from very sophisticated image processing algorithms to measure the wheel profile data from acquired images with a very low failure rate. The system is equipped with several reporting and diagnostics tools. Automatic reports are generated and sent on train, event, time, and alarm basis for the operator. For example, condemnable wheels can be reported immediately after train inspection.
- Remote Monitoring/Control Software
- Automatic Train Report Generation and Transmission
- Digital Image Acquisition/Processing
- Local and Web-Based Database Interface
- AEI Interface and Wheel Identification
- System Health Monitoring and Diagnostic
- Complete Wheel Profile Measurement
- Speeds up to 90 mph/140 kmph
- Capable of Operating in Extreme Environments
- Operating Temperature: -40° C to 60° C
- Integrated AEI Interface
- Installed on Steel Ties
- Simplified and Below Top of Rail Installation
- Extremely Low Maintenance
- Automatic Report Generation and Wheel Condition Monitoring
- Database to Save/Search/Retrieve Millions of Records
|A side view of an installed WheelView